Becoming A Student of Miracles – Part 2
· Repeating this quote from our previous post
o “It is not enough to put our revelation into action, we must become students of miracles. That means the miracles that we experience must shape our thinking. God uses miracles to train us how to see differently. A miracle is a school.”[i]
· Lesson 3: There are Multiple Ways to Be Healed
o Don’t do things because you did them before.
§ There are multiple methods for being healed find out which way the Spirit of God wants to move THIS TIME.
§ In the ministry of Jesus…
· Jesus spoke the Word to some people
· He touched some people
· Some people touched Him
· He spit in a couple of cases
· He healed through gifts of healings of another case
§ In all cases..
· be led
· be open
· be attentive
· be yielding
o Don’t do something just because you see someone else do it.
§ Do it because you are led to do it.
John 5:19 (ESV)
19 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.
John 5:30 (ESV)
30 “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.
· Both of these verses have in it this thought
o ‘I can do nothing on my own’
o In connection with that thought, one the verses speak of seeing – the other speaks of hearing.
o To boil this all down…
· Instead of copying what someone else does…
§ Do you what hear – say what you see
· You will never be highly effective if you try and separate being led by the Spirit and walking by faith.
· Lesson 4: Act Your Faith
o Here is a testimony of a minister who was healed of a deformed heart and an incurable blood disease.
§ “I began to act upon the Word and say , “Now according to Mark 11:24, ‘When you pray, believe you receive, and you shall have it, ‘I believe I receive my healing.” So I started saying out loud, “I belive I receive healing for the deformed heart. I believe I receive healing for the paralysis. I believe I receive healing for the incurable blood disease.”
§ Then an inward voice said, “Now you believe you are well?” I said, “I sure do believe I am well.” “Get up then. Well people ought to be up at 10:30 in the morning.”
· What is the lesson?
o If you do not get anything today, get this.
o “Well people ought to be up at 10:30 AM.”
o Which means this!
§ After you release your faith – do not alter your routine!!!
· Let’s take things out of a ‘commandment’ form and put in another way because when you say it like this, first thing people is to try thing of the exceptions to the rule.
· Think about the general principle here.
§ Let us put this into a question form.
· If you believe you are healed, why would you alter your routine?
· Well people are up at 10:30 in the morning!
· Why would you not do what you normally do?
§ Walking this out is more difficult than you realize. Because there are times when everything in your body says LAY DOWN NOW!
· Your body will holler and scream…
· Take me to the bed and do it right now! – do not pass go – do not collect $200!!!!
§ There have been several times – you believe God and feel no better fast – the healing did not come instantly, you want to lay down early but you know, well people are up at 4:00 o’clock in the afternoon!
· So what do you do?
o As an act of faith do not alter your routine
§ That can mean a tough day.
· Lester Sumrall asked Smith Wigglesworth how he felt – you know normal greeting – Wigglesworth replied “I never ask Smith Wigglesworth how he feels. I tell him how he feels.”
· This is not the glamorous side of divine healing – everybody wants everything to be instant and without struggle.
· Sometimes you have tell your body how it feels.
Having done all to stand sometimes literally means Do Not lay down!!!!
[i] ‘The Supernatural Power of A Renewed Mind’ – Bill Johnson